[meteorite-list] A question????? another answer

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 00:54:43 -0500

Hi, E and List,

    Bret Gladman's simulations of rocks blasted off
the Earth by impact show about 50% of them being
"re-captured" from independent orbits and returning
as "meteorites." The time scale for re-capture varies
from 10,000 years to 10,000,000 years. So, if there
were any returns from the Ries impactor, they would
already be here, mostly likely.

    Sedimentary meteorites are discussed here:
http://meteorite-identification.com/mwnews/BLECKENSTAD.htm

    Monica Grady, looking for a possible Martian
sedimentary stone, wrote a paper requesting
museums and collections to look for such anomalous
stones as might be found in their dusty drawers or
cabinets in this publication (p. 77):
http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19960027473_1996032004.pdf

Sterling K. Webb