[meteorite-list] New Martian, NWA 5789 Auctions Ending Sunday - AD

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 10:35:06 -0400

Hi Folks,

Just an observation about the new NWA 5789 -

In aesthetic terms, the matrix reminds me of terrestrial olivine bombs
thrown out by volcanoes. I wonder if this spectacular meteorite has
been through a similar process on Mars? The terrestrial versions are
more olivine heavy, but the resemblance is there I think.

Best regards,

MikeG