[meteorite-list] "Meteorwritings, " Richard Norton, and "The Art of Collecting Meteorites"

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 14:28:34 -0700

Dear Listees:

The June edition of "Meteorwritings" has been online for a few days.
In keeping with Geology.com's interest in entry level content, this is
a basic introduction to meteorite collecting for beginners. As always,
we took a series of new photos for the column, and I think you will
find a couple of them quite amusing.

This month's episode is dedicated to our late friend Richard Norton,
as he did so very much to popularize our favorite subject:

http://geology.com/meteorites/meteorite-collecting.shtml

In the article I recommend List member Kevin Kichinka's "The Art of
Collecting Meteorites." I had the pleasure of working with Kevin on
his lovely book, a while back, as design director. Kevin published the
book himself, and I gather it is fairly close to selling out. Anyone
who collects meteorite books and does not have a copy, may want to add
this fine edition to his/her library before they are all gone. You can
order a copy from directly from Kevin here:

http://www.theartofcollectingmeteorites.com

In addition, I wrote a brief piece about Richard for my science column
on TucsonCitizen.com.

Anyone who is interested can find it here:

http://tucsoncitizen.com/lizard/2009/06/04/richard-norton-space-rock-writer

Thanks for reading and all the best from Tucson,

Geoff N.

www.aerolite.org
www.meteoritemen.com
www.meteoriteblog.org