[meteorite-list] NWA 5546 and CV3's in general

From: Phil Morgan <roxfromspace_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 16:57:08 -0600

Hello everyone,
I recently purchased a small endpiece of what I assumed was probably a
pairing to NWA 5546.

After cleaning it up a bit, I noticed an overall elongation and
orientation of the chondrules.? I was wondering if anyone else would
agree from the picture at the link below.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c57/pkmorgan/share/cv3b.jpg

I've always been fascinated by Leoville and while this may not be as
extreme, I thought I'd go out on a limb and see if anyone else saw it.

For those of you who have some, does this look like NWA 5546? Is
there any reason to believe this might not even be a CV3?

Also, I tend to collect smaller pieces to match my budget and was
surprised at how hard this pulled to a magnet.? More like an H
chondrite.? How do the different carbonaceous classes typically
respond to a magnet?? In Ruben's recent CK recovery video I recall
that those responsed fairly strongly as well.

Thanks,
Phil