[meteorite-list] Mayo Belwa Q

From: Wendy Piatek <wpiatek_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 08:59:11 -0400

Hi Michael . This is the first time I have tried downloading pics to the
web. Let me know if it works.
You should see a 68.1g Mayo Belwa . Aubrites are among my favorites as they
are very unusual especially when compared to other specimens. They are rare
as a group (non Antarctic) with only 11, mainly falls, and somewhat older
with 1948 being the recent.
Many would have been lost for good if they were not observed falls as nobody
including myself would have taken them for meteoritic and water would have
quickly destroyed them. How Mount Egerton and Shallowater got in the group
is a mystery macroscopically to me.

http://picasaweb.google.com/jaypiatek/MayoBelwa

I should be posting my other aubrites shortly

I do have access to several other MB specimens if desired. No micros though.
Jay