[meteorite-list] Meteorite Hits 14 Year Old Boy?

From: GeoZay at aol.com <GeoZay_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 09:13:02 EDT

>>Hollywood's portrayal and the general public's urban-myth-perception of
meteors and meteorites are actually very helpful for people "in the loop"
to quickly dismiss ridiculous claims, such as this kid's.
It does save a lot of legwork, eh?<<

I agree...but I think after this time, there will be a little more
semi-knowledgeable people around to slip in various plausible details, to make
what future witnesses say harder to logically dismiss. Now that could be good
in the sense that the general public might be showing signs of being
educated about meteor/meteorite characteristics. This boys story may be full of
BS, but I think folks are beginning to catch on....temporarily. :O)
GeoZay

**************Dell Days of Deals! June 15-24 - A New Deal Everyday!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222677718x1201465083/aol?redir=http:%2F%2F
ad.doubleclick.net%2Fclk%3B215692163%3B38015526%3Be)