[meteorite-list] AD : In Honor of Billy Mays - You loved him, you hated him, at least he didn't sell meteorites!

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 16:00:09 -0400

Hi Listees!

Famous television pitchman Billy Mays was found dead of unexplained
causes this morning in my hometown of Tampa Florida. No more new
Oxi-Clean commercials, no more Kaboom cleaner infomercials, and no
more black-beared, bellowing pitchman extolling the virtues of the
latest revolutionary product. We mocked him, we were annoyed by him,
but Oxi-Clean does make your whites brighter and Kaboom does clean
tough stains - just like he promised. Billy Mays, RIP.

Oum Dreyga slices! Yes, that's right! Oum Dreyga, witnessed fall,
H3-5 chondrite from the old Rio de Oro! This isn't your run of the
mill meteorite! It's a brecciated stone with a striking matrix full
of interest. No collection is complete without it. I wouldn't even
walk around out in public if I didn't own a piece. I have several
small Oum Dreyga slices that are thin and have lots of surface area.
Good bang for the buck. These are all in the micromount size range
(<1 gr) and they come with a gemjar and label. Supply is limited, so
order now.

But wait, there's more!

NWA 869! The perennial aesthetic favorite is now coming to your
collection in slice form. I have beautiful thin slices of this
stunning Algerian meteorite. These slices all weigh between 4 and 5
grams and are about the size of a business card. They have been
hand-sanded to 300 grit and show the classic NWA 869 lithology we all
know and love. Kids love it. Again, supplies are limited, so act
now!

Order in the next 10 minutes and receive a free grab-bag of
unclassified NWA endcuts!

Mention Billy Mays in the order form comment field and receive a free
classified micromount!

All of this and more is available on the website : www.galactic-stone.com

To order or inquire, contact me offlist at - mike at galactic-stone.com

;)

Ok, I was temporarily possessed by the restless spirit of Billy Mays,
but he has now departed.

Speaking for myself - I have auctions closing on eBay tonight. Some
have no bids yet, so there are some good bargains to be won.

Moon and Mars Rocks, Tumbled Meteorites, Canyon Diablo display kit,
Darwin Glass and more.

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/maypickle

Thanks for looking and clear skies!

MikeG