[meteorite-list] West Meteorite tally, PLEASE let's get this one right

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 21:06:40 -0800 (PST)

I join Robert in requesting an exact stone count and weight tally in order to get this fall as close as possible to exact number of stones and TKW.

I have the following

Woolard 7 = 407g
Wesel 10 = 255g
Farmer 23 = 531.6g

I know that more than 45 meteorite hunters showed up in the field, so come on guys, lets get the tally done as fast as possible so we can firm up the TKW on this fantastic new fall.

Let's show the scientists that we as collectors can compile data and properly record a new fall all by ourselves. By the way, the one thing I never did run into down there was a single scientist.
Pity, some of them hate collectors and dealers, but when a fall occurs, they are nowhere to be seen or collect a stone and rush off to the lab forgetting that there are hundreds if not thousands of other stones left to rot.

Michael Farmer