[meteorite-list] Well okay then

From: Fries, Marc D <marc.d.fries_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 08:59:16 -0800

Howdy all

    I?ve received a few ...em... ?spirited? responses to my last email that
tell me that it didn?t exactly read the way I intended. I wasn?t trying to
be a hero because I bought a plane ticket, I was trying to say that
traveling on ?your own dime? isn?t what scientists are used to doing.
Someone had made the comment that there were no scientists to be seen at
West, and I agree that is ridiculous. Scientists travel to Antarctica every
year to collect meteorites, but no one could be bothered to fly to Austin!?
How many people who spend their lives studying meteorites just passed up a
chance to see an actual, fresh strewn field?? (not to mention the kolaches)
Funny thing is, I was actually agreeing with some of the nasty-grams I?ve
received.
    Sounds like I touched a nerve. Can I suggest that y?all spare me the
wrath, and direct it instead at the scientists who weren?t actually there?

Cheers,
MDF