[meteorite-list] What's the deal?

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 10:10:58 -0600

Fireballs don't happen at a uniform rate, but are often clustered somewhat
(that's just a statistical effect; they are not physically related). Combine
this with the added awareness that comes with a widely witnessed event, and
I think that explains things. BTW, I'd put the start of this particular run
at last November's Saskatchewan fireball and subsequent recovery, not the
more recent Texas event.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory