[meteorite-list] Stolen Canyon Diablo Meteorite To Be Returned

From: Mike Jensen <meteoriteplaya_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 09:45:58 -0600

Hi All
I was actually contacted about this meteorite to help confirm that it
was stolen. Here is the reference I had that was used to prove that it
was a hot rock;
http://articles.adsabs.harvard.edu/full/seri/Metic/0004//0000251.000.html?high=49b7dad54e18398
 or
http://tinyurl.com/bpvomy

The short article also mentions that several others were stolen around
the same time from other institutions as well.
I sure wonder if any of them were/will ever be recovered.

Mike

Mike Jensen Meteorites
16730 E Ada PL
Aurora, CO 80017-3137