[meteorite-list] Unidentified object from sky destroys car in Cottonwood

From: Eric Wichman <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 10:23:31 -0700

Yeah I doubt the object is a meteorite either. But it does pose the
question. What the heck is it?!

My guess is space debris from a satellite or possible some industrial
accident, or possibly even from passing a plane. The object in the
photos does appear to have been heated some way though. I'm leaning
toward space debris.

It obviously crashed through the windshield and the dashboard. I don't
know about the heat thing reported in the article though. That seems a
bit off if you ask me.

Eric