[meteorite-list] West, TX 2 Stones Available - AD

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 10:47:03 -0400

Dear List Members,

I would like to take this opportunity to offer two West, TX stones I found
during my first trip to strewnfield. These were found on March 2, 2009
before the rains started on March 12th. I will include a color ID card and
two locals newspapers each of the West, TX hunt. These look much better in
person, a little hard to photograph and capture their individual beauty.

Here they are with four photo links of each stone in-situ and by themselves:

29.6g 100% crusted with primary and secondary crust. Has neat metal or
troilite spot exposed on outside of crust, can be seen on the in-situ photo
as well!
1) http://www.lunarrock.com/west/west29_6a.jpg
2) http://www.lunarrock.com/west/west29_6b.jpg
3) http://www.lunarrock.com/west/west29_6c.jpg
4) http://www.lunarrock.com/west/west29_6d.jpg

41.6g 100% crusted with primary and secondary crust. This is the one I
found in the Ash Creek bed in thick, sticky sandy mud. There is still some
mud in the contraction cracks and on the crust, making it look a little dull
compared to the surface finds. The stone embedded itself in the impact
"hole" at about a 45-50 degree angle. Luckily I photographed it prior to
sticking my finger in it to confirm there was a rock at the bottom. It was
about 4 inches deep!
1) http://www.lunarrock.com/west/west41_6a.jpg
2) http://www.lunarrock.com/west/west41_6b.jpg
3) http://www.lunarrock.com/west/west41_6c.jpg
4) http://www.lunarrock.com/west/west41_6d.jpg

If you are interested, please contact me off List for pricing, or make your
best offer. I will accept the best offer by the end of today (Saturday,
March 14th) by 9:00 PM EST Florida.

Thank you for looking!

Best regards,
Greg