[meteorite-list] Iridium (+ Osmium ? + Technetium ?) measuring and testing

From: Michael Bross <element33_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 15:55:35 +0100

Thanks Darren and Elton

It just shows how naive I am about metal detection ! I never used one...

But I am surprised that my post didn't get more response, as well as the
ones from Darren
that I mentioned in my first post:

1- "Possible Ohio crater" in Apr. 2005: not one response to it !
Another Mecca or alike ?
2- "The wonderful wizards of Osmium" (Apr 2008): few answers, but nothing
about the unique extraterrestrial signature of Osmium compared to Iridium
(end of that post)

The search on the archives yielded only 279 hits for Iridium, most of them
about Ir flares
or the Iridium satellite network.

Is this list maybe not the "right" place for such discussion ?
and if not, is there another list discussing such aspects ?

Thanks
A bientot
Michael B, France