[meteorite-list] Juancheng - Hammer or No?

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 13:25:03 -0700

Hi Peter,
        As you know, the falls are arranged by date. You
Will find Juancheng just below Peekskill and above
Warden on page 2:

http://michaelbloodmeteorites.com/Hammers2.html

Feb. 15, 1997 Juancheng Shandong Province, Heze, China KITCHEN ROOF,
POT ON STOVE

Heze, China
(Click on photo to enlarge image)
Caused a tremendous sensation in China when it fell on 15 February 1997 near
the
village of Heze in Juancheng County. Local Chinese peasants picked up
several
hundred fresh specimens along the Yangtze River shortly after the fall
believing
the fall foretold the death of their leader... which did take place
following the fall.
Because so many stones were retained by the locals and given to government
officials, the total weight of the fall will never be known.
--------
        Best wishes, Michael