[meteorite-list] Artificial Lunar Meteorites?

From: Jeff Grossman <jgrossman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 06:23:14 -0400

As to the question of "is it a meteorite?", not according to the Rubin
and Grossman definition (Meteorite! 4 (3), p. 24-25, 1998):

"A meteorite is a natural solid object that was transported by natural
means from the body on which it formed to a region outside the dominant
gravitational influence of that body and was later
accreted by a natural body larger than itself."

jeff

--
Dr. Jeffrey N. Grossman       phone: (703) 648-6184
US Geological Survey          fax:   (703) 648-6383