[meteorite-list] Ad - A new Web site for E.T. Meteorites

From: edwinthompson at comcast.net <edwinthompson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 19:10:22 +0000 (UTC)

Hello list members,

Patrick has built a web site for E.T. Meteorites! It is in the earliest form of creation and is up and running. We have listed the entire collection of 1000 meteorite thin sections; all are priced and available for sale. Classic, collectable and antiquarian books on meteorites and tektites are featured on our new EBay store; Meteorite Books. This EBay store is also linked to the web site. We will continue to add books from the collection daily until all 600 books have been listed and soon the books will appear on our newest site; Meteoritebooks.com. In a few days meteorites will begin to post to the meteorite web site and all three sites will be linked. We are looking forward to the change and hope that we bring new elements and items to the meteorite collecting and research community. Please visit the new sites at; www.etmeteorites.com ,
the soon to open; www.meteoritebooks.com ,
and the EBay store at; http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Meteorite-Books__W0QQ_armrsZ1 .
 Patrick and I are looking forward to keeping in better contact with old friends and new visitors through this venue we all call the ?World Wide Web?!

For the thin section collectors out there ? this is a 20 year collection, more than just an inventory. The 1000 thin sections are all select slides from my collection and have never been picked through or even seen by collectors. They are for sale for the first time and are the very best I could find or were made from the finest specimens. The prices reflect the size of the surface area of the specimen and the cost of production or original purchase prices. Through the years I purchased a number of these slides from David New. David got me into collecting thin sections. In later years I provided David with much of the rare material that he featured in his slides and I got my share of thin sections in exchange for supplying the material. This will explain much about the quality of the slides.
The list can be seen at www.etmeteorites.com

Thank you and enjoy!

Cheers, Edwin and Patrick Thompson

etmeteorites at hotmail.com or reach us through the web sites.