[meteorite-list] Strange surface feature

From: gian gallo <gianpgg_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 01:32:37 +0000

Hola to all. Today we recieved three freebies from Steve Arnold ( Chicago ). Thanks you some much, Steve.....and...in one of them, we have found some strange feature on its surface......silvery specks that shines as if it were a mica stone. This feature is only seen if we have the right angle of light to see it. ? Has anyone here seen this before. Any help is welcome. The little stone weights 13.1 grams.

Below, four pictures....of two diferent areas...that shows this strange feature, in direct and reflected light, pictures taken with a stereo - lupe :

First area :

http://inlinethumb56.webshots.com/42871/2739672990100862759S600x600Q85.jpg
http://inlinethumb57.webshots.com/42168/2856801200100862759S600x600Q85.jpg

Second area :