[meteorite-list] One of the best of the 2008 TC3 articles

From: lebofsky at lpl.arizona.edu <lebofsky_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 16:24:10 -0700 (MST)

Hi everone:

As someone who has studied asteroids, this is great news.

Only two comments:

1. I am a little concerned with the classification of the "asteroid" as F.
The spectral range is not perfect and I wonder what the uncertainty of the
spectrum is (might be very poor quality at the longer wavelengths).

2. I do not think that 2008 TC 3 was "dusty." It was tumbling in space and
spinning once ever 50 to 100 seconds. An object this size is not going to
have a dusty surface!

my two cents

Larry