[meteorite-list] Kennett Talk and NOVA special on Younger Dryas Impacts Question?

From: Steve Dunklee <sdunklee72520_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 23:37:19 -0700 (PDT)

If a c chondrite or comet with considerable amount of carbon exploded over the polar ice sheet , could it create the nano diamonds without leaving behind a crater? as in an ice crater that melted? or was the land bridge in the Bearing Straits really an ice bridge? and was Northwest Africa made into a green paradise while north America was covered in ice? It seems to me the impact would have had a global effect causing winter everywhere for a while, including Africa. What supporting evidence can be found elsewhere? I am not trying to discount the research but believe there will be found other supporting data on a global scale. A time machine would be pretty handy to see what really happened!
have a great day!
and be thankful you never get hit by a train
Steve