[meteorite-list] Introduction and some cool photos

From: Bill Mason <bmason3_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 10:06:28 -0500

Dear Dave, Very good micro-photographs. I have seen these on many
pallasites under my microscope. Analysis has shown me that the rust looking
trails are the remains of iron oxide solutions from galvanic corrosion
action under either surface coatings or Olivine xls. They micro blast off
easily. You may have heard that I have shown that many of our meteorites are
loaded with water after plunging into earth soil that contains water vapor
and with 14.7 #/sq" shoves water vapor into the shocked meteorite. Oxygen
and other elements enter the meteorite and then have a field day supporting
the earlier galvanic action process. My goal is to help our knowledge of
meteorite preservation be a universal capability.

Bill Mason III "rusty"