[meteorite-list] Insane tactics offering $20,000 per kilo!

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 11:23:46 -0700 (PDT)

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/latest/lat_500842.shtml

This started in West, with Bob Evans and others offering $5000 for the first kilo and then $10,000 and $5000 per pound for meteorites.
Why offer set price for "first kilo"? Do you really think that the people that find the second kilo will understand and take $1000? I don't think so.

This is an insane tactic, you are now setting the minimum price for any meteorite found in Georgia at $20,000 per kilo! Is it me or is this absolute stupidity?
Darryl, Dave, why are you doing this? Can you not just offer large cash reward. I think you guys need to stay out of the field, because since you are willing to offer these prices, then next time I get a meteorite I will demand those prices.
 From now on, it seems any US fall is going to be outrageously priced due to these tactics. Don't blame me, I did not start this crap.

Michael Farmer