[meteorite-list] Excessively Large Reward a bad precedent.

From: Meteorites USA <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 18:43:44 -0700

A gentleman an armchair hunter is not
when rewards be posted on the spot
the landowners tend to frown
when the hunter arrives in town
to hunt a rewarded strewnfield
maybe not be a very good deal
some people just do their part
according to a selfish heart
too bad we must compete
for fear of being beat
by rewarding the first rock on the ground
we lose the respect of the town
offering up hefty rewards
the seekers arrive in hordes
to the great strewnfield land
we become a silly band
we strive to know the place
and we wind up with mud on our face
so it must be a race
to the place where meteorites lie
some do what others may shy
too bad we must fight
when a fireball pierces the night
it should be a great event
not something we lament
but most times people go too far
over the price of such a star
before we make the landowners cry foul
or in fact endanger our crowd
those people must lose their greed
or we'll lose the respect of the people we need
some have more money than brains
bad for the hunter this puts us in chains
I don't know what you call it
in my opinion it's "all" shit

POSTED:
NO METEORITE HUNTING!
Violators will be tarred and feathered by locals.

Regards,
Eric