[meteorite-list] Odd meteorite.

From: Rob Lenssen <rlenssen_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 13:51:11 +0100

Hi Eric and List,

The pictures of the "odd ones" made me think of a little oriented stone I
bought last year:
http://home.planet.nl/~rlenssen/43g_NWA.html

Like you, I find it too nice to cut, but have been wondering ever since what
it might be...
I have been thinking LL or achondrite. It has a light achondrite-like
matrix, and the typical cracked fusion crust, but also has a
few rather large (upto 2-3mm) blobs of (magnetic) metal popping out of the
crust.
I know HED's, for example polymict Eucrite, also can have free metal, but
this one just looks different.

Regards,
Rob Lenssen