[meteorite-list] Ed, Dean, Anne & Proud Tom Call !

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 19:19:41 -0700

Dear Dean & Ed,
        Proud Tom is NOT on the meteorite list. He did
Not post to the meteorite list (at least not in a very
Long time).
        I offered to send anyone who WANTED a PDF
Of his humor to contact me OFF LIST. Indeed, I stated
That it may not be everyone's cup of tea - and if it isn't,
Then don't get the PDF.
        It is great that 3 or 4 of you have had the time and energy
To post your opinion (which has now given Proud Tom
FAR more list time than my little post) but that in no way
Validates your position that implies somehow the rest of
Us should not enjoy a good laugh at ourselves. (In fact,
A good deal of the roasting is of the Hupes (Adam asked
For a copy) and me (I laughed out loud in several places).
        This is like stating I shouldn't laugh at Cheech & Chong
Because they trivialize and even promote the evils of marijuana!
        Somehow several dozens of people have written me OFF
LIST (which Is fine) touting "long live Proud Tom" or the like
and stating that if people can't laugh at themselves, something
is out of line.
        In any event, I fully support all 4 of you NOT to get
The PDF and NOT to read the PDF. However, if I and
Many dozens of others do choose to do so, frankly,
I don't see how it is any of your business at all.
          Y'all can watch the 3 stooges all you want and
I promise not to say a thing about it - I just won't watch
Them myself.
        Best wishes, Michael
PS: Mark Grossman, Tom's remarks WERE circulated "off list" -
in addition if you haven't read Proud Tom, how could you
Possibly form an opinion as to whether or not he engages
in personal "attacks" and "offensive remarks?" While I am
Personally offended by the Three Stooges, does that make
Them "offensive?"