[meteorite-list] Ad - D'Orbigny angrite main mass for $225 per gram!

From: edwinthompson at comcast.net <edwinthompson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 23:32:27 +0000 (UTC)

.....OR BEST OFFER!

Hello fellow list members. I understand that even though the price per gram for this amazing meteorite is low that the total amount is beyond many collector's budgets for a single specimen. Still, please check out the listing on EBay if you haven't already. The pictures are really fun to look at and one photograph shows an impressive vesicle that measures over one centimeter in diameter. Although not in this main mass fragment, there are vesicles in D'Orbigny that are over 2.5 centimeters in diameter! D'Orbigny also contains huge olivine clasts, smokey colored volcanic glass inclusions, vugs filled with beautiful augite crystals and a matrix filled with this porous crystalline structure and glass lined vesicles. Patrick and I are hoping that this specimen remains intact. There are several institutions showing an interest in acquiring this piece. It would be great to see this specimen makes it's way to a major public display. Please write off list to etmeteorites at hotmail.com if you have any questions abou
t D'Orbigny.

Thanks and have a great weekend,

 E.T.

www.etmeteorites.com