[meteorite-list] Wanted: 'Giveaways' for Children

From: matt <metlist_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 12:15:05 +0100

I am a science teacher in the UK, currently preparing to give a series of
presentations on meteorites to groups of our Y9 students (13-14 years old). I
would like to be able to give each of the students a rock to take home. A number
of years ago a member of our community generously gave me a number of slices of
NWA 869 and other stones which I was able to giveaway, I've also used a lot of
small unclassified fragments of my own as giveaways, after I asked students to
sand a corner off and look inside, but these have mostly run-out now.

This year things are on a bigger scale, I'm giving 3 presentations, to 25-30
students each time. Would anybody be able to donate some material I could use
for this purpose? There must be lots of small fragments out there that perhaps
too small to sell, but would still give a sense of awe and wonder to my
students! We can probably manage some expenditure, but I'm under pressure to
keep this to an absolute minimum.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Regards,

Matt.