[meteorite-list] Anyone remember this?

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 10:13:26 -0500

If Darryl's opinion had agreed with that of the other expert guests
and the show's host, it wouldn't have mattered if Darryl was degreed
or not. His credentials were only questioned after he disagreed.

Amateur scientists and aspiring scientists of all stripes have always
faced this bias from "authority". At least Fox didn't give Darryl the
"Galileo Treatment". ;)

If you don't have a degree then you don't know what you are talking
about. That's the common misconception and it's not going away soon.

Best regards and clear skies,

MikeG