[meteorite-list] Looking for canyon diablo strewn field map

From: Floyd <griff6495_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 13:21:01 -0600

Very good info Alex, thank you.

I am thinking that there must be a viable search area that is not a part of
the Barringer land or the BLM land.
I have scouted the area and talked to the sheriff in Flagstaff, AZ.
The sheriff basically said that anyone hunting for meteorites in any areas
around the above lands will be arrested.
One will need written proof that they have permission from the land owner
where they are hunting.
I know this sounds rather wimpy but, as a member of the IMCA, I can't hunt
the Diablo area illegally.
So, I am attempting to find a legal way to hunt.
There must be a way.

Best to all and thanks for the help.

Griff