[meteorite-list] [AD] Park Forest Garza Stone 178 grams.

From: bill kies <parkforestmet_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 23:25:27 -0500

"It was taken to an entomologist which confirmed that by a flexibility test of the wings it was highly possible that the time of death was caused by the impact."

Tell us more about these flexibility tests. When any fresh witnessed fall is found in situ, a bag of the soil from the impact area is always collected, isn't it?

There should already be a fine record of worms, weevils, aphids and all sorts of microbes on record as having been dashed by meteorites. Just imagine the devastation caused by a 200 gram meteorite destroying a square foot of micro environment. Oh the horror. I guess a termite is a real lunker.