[meteorite-list] RE Insights - TAMEDAGHT PHENOMENA - cross section through samples!

From: James Baxter <jbaxter112_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 01:31:24 -0400 (EDT)

That was my thought as well, Steve. You may recall I posted some pictures to the list some time ago
of a similar phenomenon where fragments got incorporated into the thickened crust on the backside of
one of Marcin's oriented NWA meteorites. Here's one of the pictures of the specimen I have:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v614/CaneySprings/NWA2826LL528gmMarcinCimalacloseup.jpg

It's pretty easy to imagine a good sized chunk of this breaking loose in flight.

Best Wishes,
Jim Baxter