[meteorite-list] vienna natural history museum

From: Alexander Seidel <gsac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 21:07:50 +0200

Fully agreed - definitely one of the best public meteorite displays on the planet in this great old and famous Natural History Museum in central Vienna, and if you ever go there to pay a visit to all the rarities and beauties, please don?t miss that famous Hraschina iron in a cabinet on a floor a bit distant from hall V, one of the absolute highlights!

As far as I know they, as many or even most of the other big European museums, have big financial troubles to maintain their collection(s), let alone of advancing them by new aquisitions, but they try by sort of means of public endeavours, and that should hopefully work in the end...

Alex
Berlin/Germany

-------- Original-Nachricht --------