[meteorite-list] Zacatecas 1792

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 03:28:26 -0700

Well that looks practically nothing like the piece on ebay, even given
the fact that the scale is clearly far larger in that image. The
brain-like schreibersite in the ebay auction is a fairly uncommon
occurrence in irons, and I see no similar inclusions in that large
section. Also, the pattern in the ebay piece seems much more regular
and is better defined. While the ebay specimen certainly doesn't
resemble any common irons on the market (Gibeon, CD, Campo, Tres
Castillos, etc.), it does not appear to be a piece of the pictured
iron.
What say you lot?