[meteorite-list] Huge Daylight Fireball Video?

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 11:50:08 -0600

> It keeps surprising me that contrails, in this age of ubiquitous aircraft
> traffic, are still confused with "fireballs" so often.

Most people never look up. An appalling percentage of adults are unaware,
for instance, that the Moon can be seen during the day (something like half
of adults in the U.S.) Now you put a jet near the horizon at sunset, so you
get something too bright to miss, and of course too far away to make any
sound, and I guess it's not surprising you get some people who believe they
are seeing something extraordinary.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory