[meteorite-list] "Hammers"

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 22:16:43 -0400

Hi Dave and List,

Although historical details are often subject to interpretation, I
consider Michael Blood's Hammer pages to be authoritative. I'm keenly
interested in hammers as well - I have 16 of them in my collection,
including Sylacauga - which I acquired from Michael. Over time, I
have scoured the web for any collected information about hammers that
I could find - and every time I landed on Michael's pages. There just
isn't much information about hammers collected and organized in one
place - there are few stray pages here and there with a list of hammer
falls - but none have the level of detail that Michael's pages have.
Like many others, I am anxiously awaiting his eventual book on the
subject. :)

Best regards and watch for falling rocks!

MikeG