[meteorite-list] Richard Norton

From: Meteorite-Recon.com <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 21:50:30 +0200

How terribly sad, this is shocking news. One of the few grandmasters and true inspirers of this community is gone. What a great loss.

On occasion of his last publication I had the pleasure to correspond with Dorothy, I felt privileged to contribute the cover photo to Richard's Field Guide. A month ago I last exchanged e-mails with Dorothy and I caught myself thinking, 'what book are they about to write next?'. There would have been so much more Richard had to share. I always admired his great talent to unfold complex matters nonchalantly in simple words and I very much appreciated his way of promoting the cooperation of science and amateurs to the benefit of both. He leaves a great gap with no one in sight to fill it. He will be missed dearly.

My thoughs and best wishes are with his family.

Svend Buhl

www.meteorite-recon.com