[meteorite-list] O. Richard Norton

From: David Pensenstadler <dfpens01_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 13:54:32 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Dorothy and family:

My deepest condolences on your loss. To my knowledge Richard was one of the most respected people in the meteorite community.

Even though I met him only once, I feel that I knew him personally. A number of years ago, I invited him to speak at our Spectroscopy Society of Pittsburgh monthly meeting. He gratiously accepted and gave a very interesting talk on meteorites. Spending the evening with him was wonderful experience. I will treasure the signed copy of "Rocks from Space" that he presented to me at that meeting.

I miss his Centerpiece column in METEORITE Magazine, and I will now miss him.

Again, my deepest sympathy to you and his family.

Dave Pensenstadler