[meteorite-list] Fireball over Kansas video -- faked or doctored?

From: Rob Matson <mojave_meteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 15:01:04 -0800

Unfortunately, on closer review of that YouTube video, something
is fishy: the "stars" are visible BELOW the horizon (e.g., in the
grass on the bottom left). It's as if someone has superimposed a
star field image on top of the background scene. This calls into
question whether the bolide, too, has been doctored in.

The star field itself is a bit odd; I can make out Cassiopeia at
the top, left of center, but it's difficult to get the other
stars in the scene to line up with known counterparts. In any
case, I did check Wichita Doppler radar for the date/time in
question, but saw nothing. --Rob