[meteorite-list] Fireball over Kansas

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 15:44:14 -0800 (PST)

Hi all -

Now why can't there be a really nice big bollide over New York City, Chicago, DC, or LA?

By the way, I just want to thank all of you who were so gracious to me in Tucson several years ago. Those meteorites and other goodies have delighted several hundred young people. I've got the basic talk down to a little overe 15 minutes now, passing samples from both ends of a line of about 20-25 - and I have not "lost" one yet. I leave the samples in the plastic bags, and that seems to work well. The talk: Sources; iron; stoney iron; stoney; comet; chip of Moon; Barringer crater, with irons; dinosaur gullet stone; tektites; impact glass; Libyan desert glass microlith; polished stone tool.

My thanks to everyone who helped make this possible.

E.P. Grondine
Man and Impact in the Americas