[meteorite-list] Flow lines? on an unknown stone

From: STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com <STARSANDSCOPES_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 20:27:46 EST

Hi List, I was thinking some of you may of seen features like this and
could save me some investigation time. I would like to email some pics of a
stone with what looks like flow lines and orientation.

It has light magnetic attraction and no chondrules. There are olivine
chunks in the broken face. It looks like volcanic rock (Basalt) but I have
never seen these surface features on Earth rocks.

The result of my last "sure thing" are posted to my Gallery (Terrestrial
Basalt). I sent a sample to Tony Irving and I do not want to wear out my
welcome by sending him a boat load of Earth rocks to look at so I will wait
and see what you think before I decide to ask Tony to take a look.

Please email me if you are willing to take a look and share your
observations.

Tom Phillips