[meteorite-list] NEW - NWA 4932 Lunar - AD

From: wahlperry at aol.com <wahlperry_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 19:19:09 -0500

Hi Greg,

Congratulations on your New Lunar!

Sonny

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe at htn.net>
To: meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com
Sent: Tue, Nov 10, 2009 1:27 pm
Subject: [meteorite-list] NEW - NWA 4932 Lunar - AD

Dear List Members,?
?

I would like to announce a NEW and unpaired Lunar meteorite that I have
had
for two years. Since that time, no pairings have been found, this new
Impact
Melt Breccia (IMB) stands by itself in the world's known lunar
inventory!
"Thank You" Michael Johnson for dedicating November 9, 2009 as the
'Picture
of the Day' for NWA 4932!?
?

NWA 4932 is an unusual new lunar meteorite found in the Sahara Desert
in
October 2007. A single 93.3 gram stone was found, and after continuous
searching of the area since the find, no pairings have been recovered.
Being
an Impact Melt Breccia (IMB), it takes a very high polish, which
strongly
displays the minute details such as very fine-grained texture, many
small
white clasts and occasional nickel-iron metal grains dispersed
throughout
the stone. These metal grains have been analyzed by a prominent
laboratory
and have the same composition as that of enstatite chondrite metal
(from
previous impactors that struck the Moon).?
?

?

NWA 4932 is compositionally very similar to material brought back to
Earth
by NASA's Apollo 16 mission in 1972. With such a low Total Known
Weight,
there are only a small handful of slices available to collectors and
museums. Each slice has been expertly polished to a high luster on one
side
to display the characteristics of this lunaite.?
?

Here is a list of the only available specimens of NWA 4932, four have
already sold!!?
?

24.5g Main Mass?

http://www.lunarrock.com/nwa4932/dsc00001.jpg?

4.020g ps?

http://www.lunarrock.com/nwa4932/dsc00004.jpg?

3.844g cs?

http://www.lunarrock.com/nwa4932/dsc00005.jpg?

3.776g ps?

http://www.lunarrock.com/nwa4932/dsc00006.jpg?

3.332g cs?

http://www.lunarrock.com/nwa4932/dsc00007.jpg?

3.112g cs?

http://www.lunarrock.com/nwa4932/dsc00008.jpg?

2.812g cs?

http://www.lunarrock.com/nwa4932/dsc00009.jpg?

284mg ps?

http://www.lunarrock.com/nwa4932/dsc00012.jpg?

268mg ps?

http://www.lunarrock.com/nwa4932/dsc00013.jpg?

230mg ps?

http://www.lunarrock.com/nwa4932/dsc00014.jpg?

156mg ps?

http://www.lunarrock.com/nwa4932/dsc00015.jpg?

852mg fragment?

http://www.lunarrock.com/nwa4932/dsc00017.jpg?

3.548g cut fragment?

http://www.lunarrock.com/nwa4932/dsc00018.jpg?
?

cs = complete slice?

ps = part slice?
?

If you are interested in one of these fascinating stand-alone lunar
specimens, please email me Off-List for pricing.?
?

Thank you for your interest, and if you are just looking, please enjoy
the
photos!?
?

I also have eBay auctions of other planetary and other rare meteorites
ending tomorrow (Wednesday, Nov. 11th). Of particular interest is a
small
piece of Hoba Ataxite, sizable specimens of achondrites and other
goodies.
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZnaturesvault?
?

Best regards,?