[meteorite-list] Overseas Shipping Delays??

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 17:13:14 -0500

Dear List Members,

It looks like the personnel layoffs at the US Post Office and overseas
customs scrutinizing of packages has began to affect shipping times. I have
received in one day, three different shipping related questions from three
different eBay customers in three different countries, "When did you post
the items?" All three of these people won eBay items from me that ended last
Wednesday. less than one week ago! I do not understand the urgency unless it
has to do with upcoming holidays, or if this is just an odd occurrence which
I have very rarely been asked since I typically ship within a day or two of
ended auction, if not same day!

To all who win meteorite (or other) auctions from me on eBay, please be
patient, you will receive your items as promised!

In a related note, I have been told by my local post office worker that
delays are happening locally, so I think we can expect some delays for
overseas shipments as well. :-/

Best regards,
Greg

Greg Hupe