[meteorite-list] Meteorite Self-Pairing = No-No!

From: Rob McCafferty <rob_mccafferty_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 15:16:44 -0800 (PST)

Greg Wrote

"I am very passionate about what I do and try to keep it as accurate as possible. When games and fraud is perpetrated by those who do not care about the science or collectors, I get upset and tend to be vocal.

If I seem too quick to reply, or type a single word in haste or anger, I apologize to all who are offended by my posts. I think it is important to keep it real, and really keep it honest and accurate!

I believe it is part of my responsibility to keep it real and to give notice to those who do not!"

___________

Rob Says

And that's why I have a great deal of respect for you and I'm pretty sure there are plenty of others who feel the same (indeed, I know this for fact)
Trust is everything to collectors as we do not have access to our own testing labs and your efforts?to maintain integrity in a business where the material is so valuable benefits science and collectors alike.

?
Greed is a powerful motivator.?Maybe it is this that causes some dealers to act out of haste. But then maybe it's not. I am fortunate that I do not have the wolves at my door. *****

I applaud the efforts of those who endeavour to assist science, improve the reliability of data for collectors, especially at their own cost. I find philantropy rather inspiring and the world needs more of it.

And if I'm talking out of turn, I'm not sorry. Get over it. I'm standing up for a guy that I believe is doing it the right way.

Rob McC

***** I try to be careful about how I word things.?Rearrange the same?collection of short?sentences?this way...

"I am fortunate that I do not have the wolves at my door. Maybe it is this that causes some dealers to act out of haste. But then maybe it's not.?Greed is a powerful motivator".?

An entirely different mood suggesting?"all people are fundamentally bad".
I prefer my rather naive sounding original.