[meteorite-list] Meteorites in your Carry-On Luggage

From: Darryl Pitt <darryl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 13:30:06 -0500

In light of Adam's comment, I should amplify my own...

I recently flew with the 4.7 kg Lovina mass---which does have a
spiked, truncheon vibe---and sailed through after an explanation. I
was prepared to check it if necessary. I have never had a problem
with someone checking the weight restriction of my carry-on---and
airlines have made an allowance for overages.

Adam is entirely right, though, you are inviting hassles and will need
to know in advance how you will mitigate the "Sorry, we can't let you
take that onboard."