[meteorite-list] Tunguska rates

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 15:05:14 -0800 (PST)

Bonsoir Arnauld -

When I stumbled into Clube and Napier's work and others in 1997 was when I realized that the NASA rates from asteroid population were too low. Its cometary and comet fragment impacts, and the small fragments are damned hard to find.

I think Shoemaker's final paper out of Canada had better rates. The ones that I came up with were just from historical/myth-historical materials, but with archaeological confirmation - i.e. for the YD impacts there's quarry usage data.

E.P. Grondine
Man and Impact in the Americas