[meteorite-list] Meteorites in your Carry-On Luggage

From: Peter Davidson <P.Davidson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 11:21:01 -0000

Kevin

When I travelled to Ensisheim this year (Edinburgh - London - Basel), I
carried my display specimens, including some very valuable specimens
from our collection, and comprising all types of meteorite, in my hand
luggage without any problems. I cannot speak for all carriers, but as
far as I am aware, they are not prohibited items. The only problem I can
see is the weight. I would check with the airline first to see a) that
it ok to carry meteorites on board and b) what is the maximum weight you
can carry as hand luggage.

Best of luck

Peter Davidson
Curator of Minerals