[meteorite-list] Info on Sikhote Alin's shrapnel

From: debfred at att.net <debfred_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 20:08:45 +0000

  Darren, I just looked at 119 individual pieces of shrapnel fragments under a microscope. They are rather small and range in size from 30 grams to less than one gram. It looks to me that every one of them shows some feature of melting. many have roll over rims, melted grooves, fusion crust with impact pits, bubbly crust on backside of oriented pieces. I doubt that any of these features were produced by tumbling.
Regards, Fred
From: Darren Garrison <cynapse at charter.net>