[meteorite-list] Kansas father, son suspect meteorite landed in backyard of their Liberal home

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 15:58:34 -0800

Hello All,
A '2-inch' meteorite just made a 1 foot deep hole?
Well, I suppose the rock could be a meteorite - I wasn't able to find
any pictures online - but it sure sounds like the kid is lying about
the impact and the hole it made, unless it landed in a pile of soft
sand. That's just too big of a hole for too small of a rock.
Regards,
Jason