[meteorite-list] What is or is not a chondrule?

From: Phil Morgan <roxfromspace_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 09:31:59 -0700

Yes, it was an interesting post. And since the list is slow, I'll add to it.

I found an interesting chondrule (?) in an unclassified stone the
other day. It's a couple of mm across and contains quite a bit of
metal. Would this be some sort of chondrule or something else.

I posted a picture here:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c57/pkmorgan/postingpics/MetalInChond.jpg

There were also some other more typical chondrules with quite a bit of
metal. How often is visible metal incorporated in the interior of
chondrules.

Thanks,
Phil

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 11:59 PM, Jeff Kuyken <info at meteorites.com.au> wrote