[meteorite-list] Area 52 Meteorite Hunt Proposal

From: countdeiro at earthlink.net <countdeiro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 18:36:38 -0500 (EST)

Hi Greg and List,

Being quite familiar with the area.... if someone would provide definitive position estimates of the location of the fall, I would provide information on how to access the area. Safely. As of this writing..it appears we are talking about East of Granite Mountain in an area that would be accessible using State Highway 174..the Brush Road and the old Granite Ranch Road (Pony Express Route). Depending on the plotted trajectory...and I'm getting a few phone calls returned that indicate the heavier material could of fallen well West of the Dugway Range Boundary. I need more info. One of my friends at a cattle camp in the are swears he heard sonic booms that were multiple and too close together to be supersonic low level aircraft. Which frequent the area all the way to Sevier Lake. Usually they project a single boom. These he claims were sharper and at least three close,but seperate. He was sheltering from the wind so did not see any visual phenomenem.

Count Deiro